Friday, March 23, 2012

[Blog Tour] Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout #PureTourJLA


Today is a very exciting day! I'm posting Seth's Point of view on Half Blood where he sees Alex for the first time! Now if you've read Half Blood I'm sure you'll be excited to read this! Without further a do I bring you Seth's POV!

            Bored out of my ever-loving mind, I stared at the backs of the Council Guards and wondered for what was probably the thousandth time, how in the world did I end up in this speck of island. I was the Apollyon, not a damn babysitter, but here I was, guarding the prissiest Minister I’d ever seen.
            If the man flicked his wrist at a Guard one more time, I was going to break it.  
            I had no idea why I’d been summoned to do this.
            There were daimons to hunt down and kill. Pures to monitor and make sure they were behaving. Girls to chase…
            But I was stuck on an island about the size of my foot. The ocean smelled of seagulls and feet. There were way too many mortals close by and classes weren’t even in session. Pickings would be slim, if nonexistent…
            Minister Lucian halted. Like a domino effect, all those Guards came to abrupt stop, confused by why they weren’t heading into the main Covenant building. Their gazes bounced off one another like distressed little hamsters.
            I didn’t even fight the grin.
            “Seth?” Minster Lucian looked at me over his shoulder. “You will join me in the Dean’s office.”
            Doing my best to feigned interest, I nodded and wondered if I’d get to hit something in the Dean’s office or if they’d be showing a movie…
            There was a pause and something shone in the Minister’s obsidian gaze. “My stepdaughter will be there…”
            Is she hot? That’s what I wanted to ask.
            “She can be a bit… incorrigible, but you may find her of interest,” he said, then turned and started walking.
            If she was hot and down for some fun, then I’d probably find her of interest, but as I watched the Minister and his Guards head into the Covenant, I wondered if this was some kind of twisted Match.com? If so, I was not going to be happy about that.
            Muttering under my breath, I followed them into the large building. The Covenants may look different from the outside, but they all looked the same from inside. Statues of gods, a lot of pures that looked like brooms were stuck where the sun didn’t shine, servants, and a slew of half-bloods.
            But the moment one foot stepped inside the cool building and the shadow of the Muses fell over me, unease blossomed in my stomach. Something… something wasn’t right here. I couldn’t quite place what it was, but I knew.
            At once, the marks of the Apollyon started to tingle. Power hummed over my skin, sudden and inexplicable. Tiny hairs on my arms rose as the marks started to prick and burn, not painfully but different…The cord snapped alive in me, in the center of my being. Akasha flared to the tips of my fingers and for the first time I thought I’d lose control and zap some hapless half gawking at me. And they were staring, because they knew, just like the pures did, what I was.
            Something… someone was different.
            I knew it in my core.
            My eyes skipped over the identical faces—all of them awed, of course—as I followed behind the caravan of self-importance. There was a tall bronze-haired boy and another that was blond beside him. I almost skipped over her—almost.
            She stood beside the blond, shorter than the rest of the halfs lined up. Abnormally short for a half-blood—barely five and half feet if I had to guess, and her long, brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail except for one strand that had slipped free.
            This girl—this half-blood was trying not to look at me, doing everything in her power to deny the urge, but she couldn’t deny it. None of them could.
            Her chin lifted and our eyes locked.
            I was caught off guard, as if I should know her somehow—did know her, but I didn’t, because I remember that face anywhere. What she lacked in height, she surely made up for in the looks department.
            She was beautiful in odd way.  Like one of those poisonous exotic flowers.
            Round face with high cheekbones, eyes wide set and incredibly large and lips… yeah, she had great lips. 
            Then she sucked in a harsh gasp, her skin visibly paling.
            At first I didn’t understand why and then I felt them—the marks of Apollyon bleeding across my skin, itching down my arms, and then spreading like wildfire. They tingled as they swirled, making signs of all-powerful words.
            Gods. That had never happened before. I didn’t know why they were going crazy, but it was such a raw and primitive reaction and there was nothing I could do to stop them. And it had something to do with this girl. What, I didn’t know, but they were reacting to her.
            For an instant, I almost thought she saw them, but that was impossible. No one other than the Apollyon could see the marks and there were only one Apollyon per generation.
            When I passed her by, I let out the breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. What the hell just happened? I fought the urge to look over my shoulder as we left the lobby. It was harder than I imagined and that more than ticked me off.
            She was just a girl—a half-blood.
            And I was the Apollyon.
            My eyes lifted from the back of the Guards and met the Minister’s. He smiled in a secretive way, and I knew that moment, that the unease I had felt when I first entered the lobby had something to do with the Minister… and something to do with the girl waiting back in the lobby.
ABOUT THE BOOK

PURE BY JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

So what can you say about Seth's POV? Tell us about it in the comments!

If you want to know more about Jennifer Armentrout's works you can visit her in the following sites:

Official Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads


Thank you Valerie @ Stuck In Books for including us in the tour.
You can see the full list of participants here!

27 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this POV! I always love to the story form more sides. You can always read something new.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a sucker for male POV! We get a lot of stories told by female characters, but I always LOVE seeing what the guys have to say! JLA does a fabulous job. I just finished "Pure" last night, and I am a bigger fan with every book I read. "Pure" was a fantastic follow-up to "Half-Blood," and I can't wait for "Deity"! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 Seth!!! I was all about Aiden after Half-Blood but Pure made me switch teams!!! Thanks for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I so love reading POVs from other characters and find out what they were thinking during a certain scene. Thanks for sharing. I love Pure, and can't wait for Deity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was great! I love reading from the male POV. I'm in the middle of Pure right now and loving it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was awesome! Thanks for sharing the excerpt from Seth's POV! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I alway love reading the male POV. Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! now i can't wait to start reading it to see what she thought and to compare

    i loved your post thanks you a lot

    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this POV! I love hearing different sides to a story :)
    Alyssa S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love hearing Seth's POV...it's why I can't rule him out for Alex. I love him and Aiden so much.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a huge fan of Male POVs...this was amazing. I need more!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this scene! Jennifer is AMAZING. Thanks for being part of the tour.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! What an awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo! He didn't know!!! I need to go back and re-read that scene again in the book from her POV now. :)

    Thanks for posting and being a part of the awesomeness that is Pure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here it looks like Lucian already knew what Alex was. I tought only her mum knew what she was to become. Odd. I am confused now :/ But nonetheless awesome POV! Thanks for sharing this! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love this! Hooray for Seth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Oh Seth you are going down baby.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved to POV. But I still love Aiden more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved reading this. I really wish we could get a Seth POV of his listening to the conversation in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SETH <3
    Thanks for Seth's POV! That scene intrigued me and I'm glad we got a chance to know what Seth was thinking at that moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read this like 20 times already! What I wouldn't give for more of Seth's POV...*winkwinknudgenudge* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for giving us Seth's POV. It's refreshing & engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how Jennifer writes scenes from the males POV. I like to see what they are thinking and it allows readers the chance to get to know the guys in this series.
    Great Scene, can't wait for Pure!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so happy you posted this. I am a big Seth fan, I'm not sure what it is exactly but I"m sure that a lot of it has to do with his self-importance and snark! ;) This series just keeps getting better and better - I don't know how I am going to wait for Deity!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome. This was great. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You want to stay away from a highly specialized book, which draws limited audience. You want your book to be among the books that appeal to a general audience or at least to a large segment of the general population. You must demonstrate to your prospective publishing agent that your large audience - of hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions - exists.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...